Ice Cream Pie
We have collaborated with Miss Semi Sweet to bring to life fun and tasty vintage recipes each Thursday, for #EmeraldLifeThursdays!
For our first recipe, we have recreated Ice Cream Pie!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SbQlwYF5wnc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This is a perfect dessert to make for summertime parties! It's quick, easy and will delight just about everyone!
What you'll need:
- Pint of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pint of Pistachio Ice Cream
- Pint of pineapple, strawberry, cherry (whichever you prefer honestly!)
- 2-4 frozen pie shells
- Milk (1 cup for each pie)
- Cool Whip/ReddiWhip
- Pudding/Jello Flavors: Chocolate, lemon, pistachio, strawberry
- Toppings: pistachios, pineapple, strawberries, cherries, chocolate shavings
Mix together a pint of ice cream with a cup of milk. After a minute stir in the pudding package. Pour into a pie shell (which was previously baked for a bit to get a nice color) and put in the fridge for an hour. Take out and enjoy!